Many of our Bob Jones University Press books are available as eTextbooks. Students can have the eTextbook on your home computer, laptop, or tablet. What a great way to lighten the backpack, and solve the problem of “I forgot to bring my book home.” eTextbooks mean lighter loads for students and improved accessibility for students. Parents will appreciate the increased level of student engagement that eTextbooks can provide. Our students who have used eTextbooks, love that they can search for a word, phrase, date and easily find information as they study.
BJU Press eTextbooks are offered through the VitalSource Bookshelf® platform. Delivering digital content to more than 1.6 million users on 6,000 campuses in 180 countries, VitalSource® is the preferred and most used e-textbook platform in higher education today.
- Simple process—After the book is purchased, the student/parent signs up for a free VitalSource Bookshelf account online, enters the special code received from BJU Press, and receives the eTextbook in his virtual bookshelf.
- Anywhere, anytime access—The student gets three-way access to his eTextbook: desktop, online and mobile for an entire year. Free apps which allow offline viewing are available for PC, Mac®, iOS (iPad®, etc.) and Android™ devices. (Will not work with Windows Surface RT.)
- Study features—Students can highlight text, define text (iOS only), write notes, and search eTextbook contents and notes.
- Note-sharing—Students can share notes or subscribe to friends' or teachers' notes. Notes are synchronized across all devices.
- Page fidelity—Pagination in both hard copy textbooks and eTextbooks is the same, enabling all students to be on the same page no matter which version they use in the classroom.
To order, fill out the form below and return it to school with cash or a check made out to DTCA and send to the bookkeeper’s office no later than August 25, 2015. Once BJU Press has processed your order form, you will receive an email from BJU Press with your redemption codes. Simply create a VitalSource Bookshelf account on your eReader and enter your redemption code to add the eTextbook to your bookshelf.